Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C. is known for fighting on behalf of clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries or lost loved ones in a fatal accident. Over the years, we have recovered tens of millions in compensation for victims who were seriously injured as a result of someone else’s negligence.
There are several key factors to examine after a serious injury or wrongful death. Getting answers to important legal questions about your personal injury claim is a job for an experienced Philadelphia personal injury attorney. At Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C., we have helped injured people and their families obtain fair, complete compensation for medical bills, lost wages, disabilities, and pain and suffering. We are standing by to offer you a free consultation and review of your case, so you can find out what you can do to work toward a brighter and more stable future.
Call (215) 608-2183 or contact us online to schedule your free case review. We’re available 24/7 to help!
What Does “Personal Injury Case” Mean?
Personal injury lawsuits are a type of civil lawsuit that can be filed when one party has been hurt due to the negligence of another party. In civil law, negligence means that the party who was responsible for the accident failed to act the way that a reasonable person would have given the situation. For example, when someone makes the decision to get behind the while of a vehicle while drunk, they are acting negligently. If their decision results in a drunk driving accident causing harm to someone else on the road, they may be held legally liable.
In some cases, there may be more than one party whose negligence contributed to the accident and it may be possible to pursue legal action against more than one defendant.
Key Practice Areas in Philadelphia, PA
Our personal injury lawyers have obtained numerous million-dollar and multi-million-dollar settlements and verdicts. We are prepared to handle your catastrophic injury or fatal accident case with skill and a dedication to win on your behalf.
We take on cases for the injured across Pennsylvania, including:
- Liquor liability claims involving the legal responsibility of an individual, bar, or restaurant that serves an intoxicated person, which then results in a serious or fatal accident.
- Work injuries, including construction site accidents and all types of on-the-job injuries and illnesses for workers in all industries.
- Motor vehicle accident claims for those who have been injured or lost loved ones in car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, and bicycle accidents in Pennsylvania.
- Medical malpractice cases for people who have been harmed by substandard medical care. This includes birth injury cases and failures to diagnose cancer and other serious illnesses.
- All types of personal injuries, which may include any physical and/or emotional injury caused by another’s negligence or intentional wrongdoing.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions that we hear. The truth is that there is no simple answer to this question. Compensation that may be obtained for a client through a carefully and aggressively negotiated settlement or from a successful verdict will vary from case to case and depend on the client’s actual losses.
Experienced Philadelphia Injury Attorneys with a Track Record of Success
At Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C., many of our clients have suffered catastrophic injuries or lost loved ones in fatal accidents. We have fought for significant recoveries on their behalf, including:
- $12,700,000 Recovery Reached in a Liquor Liability Case
- $4,300,000 Recovery for a Paralyzed Construction Worker
- $4,300,000 Settlement Reached in a Liquor Liability Case
- $2,500,000 Settlement Reached in a Medical Malpractice/Wrongful Death Case
- $1,500,000 Settlement in John Lansberry v. Cliveden Convalescent Center
- $1.350,000 Settlement in Maria Fotiou v. Ross R. Zimmer, M.D. and Rohinton J. Morris, M.D., et al
- $1,250,000 Settlement in Alton Sutton v. Fenton et al
- $1,200,000 Settlement in Estate of Douglas Moreland v. Waste Management et al
- $1,000,000 Settlement in a Dram-Shop Case
- $1,000,000 Settlement in Dennis Fisher v. Duffer’s Pub et al
- $1,000,000 Settlement in Joseph J. Hughes v. Sunoco et al
- Undisclosed Settlement Reached in Birth Injury Case
- Undisclosed Settlement Reached in Erb’s Palsy Case
To learn more about some of our recent case results, visit our Verdicts & Settlements page.
Call us at (215) 608-2183 today to learn how we can help you obtain the compensation that you need and deserve after being seriously injured in an accident.