The streets of Philadelphia can be crowded, and with little protection between you and oncoming traffic, they are often dangerous for pedestrians. Whether an accident involves cars, trucks, motorcycles, or even bicycles, the negligence of others can have devastating costs to those who are simply walking around town, minding their own business. Luckily, if you or someone you know was recently injured in a pedestrian accident, you are entitled to seek skilled legal representation.
At Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C., our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys have a collective 35 years of experience fighting for the people of Pennsylvania. For knowledgeable counsel who understands pedestrian accident cases in and out, the choice is clear. Call Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C. today, and find out why our firm is trusted in Philadelphia and beyond.
Dial (215) 608-2183 to speak to an attorney now, or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.
Protect Yourself with a Personal Injury Lawyer
Recent reports show that pedestrian deaths are up across the United States. In Philadelphia specifically, pedestrians and cyclists face a greater risk of traffic fatalities than the national average. Children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable, with 50% of pedestrian accidents occurring between 3-4 PM when children are walking home from school.
Pedestrian accidents can result in multiple injuries, the most common being:
- Injuries to lower extremities: An area where pedestrians are frequently hit by motor vehicles is around the legs, knees, or hips. This can result in contusions, broken bones, and ligament/muscle injuries.
- Injuries to the upper extremities: Shoulder and arm injuries are another common result of pedestrian accidents, and often occur when people try to protect themselves.
- Injuries to the head: The blunt force of a vehicle knocking into a pedestrian or knocking them to the ground can easily lead to skull trauma, resulting in bone fractures or even serious brain injuries. Concussions are especially common following pedestrian accidents and may take months or even years to recover from.
- Internal damage: While you may not see it, internal bleeding, as well as organ damage, can easily occur when a pedestrian is hit by a vehicle. These injuries can have dire medical consequences and can lead to amputation or death.
Fortunately, with the right attorney, you’ll be able to argue for compensation commensurate with any injuries you sustained in a pedestrian accident.
In a personal injury suit, a skilled attorney will be able to recover losses stemming from:
- Medical costs
- Hospital bills
- Necessary medication
- Physical therapy
- Lost wages
- Ongoing emotional/physical trauma
- Additional pain and suffering
Don’t Let Your Chance Pass You By, Call Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C. Now
If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be tempted to just let your insurance company settle the case. However, it is important you know that insurance companies do not always have your best interests at heart. Most insurance providers will attempt to protect their bottom line at all costs, which means it is not in their best interest to secure maximum compensation on your behalf. Furthermore, the insurance company representing the other party or parties involved in the collision will always try to prove the incident was your fault and attempt to prevent you from securing compensation altogether.
Don’t let insurance companies take advantage of you. Hire our Philadelphia personal injury attorneys at Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C., and we will work tirelessly to make sure every cent of your medical bills and lost wages is accounted for. With tens of millions of dollars recovered in settlements and a long list of satisfied clients, we have a proven reputation as a firm you can trust. From catastrophic injury to wrongful death, we have unique strategies for every case, and we promise to work closely with you to identify the details that will help you win in court.
Dial (215) 608-2183 now to talk to an attorney and learn more about what Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C. can do for you.