Providing proper security measures is one of the duties of care that Pennsylvania property owners owe to lawful visitors. Employers have an obligation to protect employees, businesses to protect their customers, and even landlords to protect their tenants. The duty of care may vary depending on the type of property and its location, as well as any history of violence or crime it may have, but the underlying principle remains true: lawful visitors should be reasonably protected against criminal activity.
If you were assaulted, attacked, or otherwise harmed on another’s property because it lacked proper security equipment or personnel, our Philadelphia premises liability attorneys are here to help you. We want to hear your story and offer our insight in regard to your legal options and your rights in this important matter. If your injuries occurred due to negligent security, we can help you seek justice.
Contact our team at (215) 608-2183 for your free consultation. We serve all of Pennsylvania in premises liability lawsuits involving negligent security measures.
Injuries Caused by Negligent Security
Negligent security practices can open the door to atrocities such as sexual assault, rape, carjacking, mugging, robbery, physical assault, and even murder. The physical and emotional injuries caused by such attacks may never fully heal, and families may be left with more questions than answers. At Marciano & MacAvoy, P.C., we want to expose security negligence and help the injured rebuild by seeking answers and accountability.
We can expose instances of inadequate or negligent security such as:
- Lack of proper lighting
- Failure to provide working locks
- Failure to fix broken locks
- Lack of security cameras
- Lack of security personnel or patrols
- Careless or negligent security guards
- Failure to respond to an attack or assault
Our Philadelphia security negligence lawyers can take on cases involving such properties as:
- Retail stores, malls, and shopping centers
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Office buildings
- Parking lots and parking structures
- Arenas, stadiums, or other sports/entertainment venues
- Gas stations and convenience stores
- Hotels and motels
- Amusement parks
- Apartment buildings and condominiums
- Schools, colleges, and other educational institutions
To find out how we can help you, please contact us online or call (215) 608-2183.